Thursday 1 November 2012

Portable Wargame Project

Castle Vallejo, aka my shed, had, as expected a few bits of suitable mdf.  One piece already had a piece of wargames mat already stuck on. A few strokes with a felt pen produced my first squared board.





This was, I think, half of a 5 foot by 3 foot (Peter Pig size board) so was 36 inches by 30 inches. This was a bigger than I had wanted. It certainly wouldn't fit on my lap whilst ensconced in the comfy chair. However it was fine on the coffee table.

I have drawn on 4 inch squares with a central dot in each square to accommodate the Napoleonic stuff I have based on 2" squares.  It will certainly be big enough for a corps v corps battle if one base equates to a regiment or brigade.

The shed also gave up a smaller board of 24 inches by 30 inches. Just bare mdf so I will give it a lick of paint or two at the weekend; green one side and desert the other.

I have some where a box of seven years war 6mm stuff, I haven't used for years, which I think I will base up on 4cm squares. The smaller board will give a 15 by 20 grid of 4cm squares plenty for a decent little "laptop" game.

 I may also have some colonial stuff too. Oh dear megalomania strikes again.

1 comment:

  1. Splendid fun it looks- and most pleasing to the eye too! The portable wargamin thing is so convenient and such fun- just the tonic I think!

    ReplyDelete